A popular trend on or near Valentine’s Day is the classic ‘Sisters before Misters’ celebration with your BFF’s. A Galentine’s Day party requires take-out or delivery dinner and chick-flicks, plus wine/champagne as standard fare. However, we think this celebration calls for something more special. Make the event memorable with a “white elephant” style accessories swap and unique party favors.
For this Valentine’s Day/Galentine’s Day DIY you will need:
- All the single (and not-so-single) ladies.
- Cozy PJ’s & Slippers.
- Pillow and sleeping bag for camping out in the living room.
Accessories are a girls best friend, after human BFF’s, of course.
- A gift-wrapped accessory that you no longer use to exchange in a “white elephant” style accessories
swap. Add a note on the invite saying, “Bring out your gently used baubles, scarves, rings, totes,
purses, or hats. Wrap it up pretty, and bring it to the party for our accessories swap!”
- A selection of local take-out/delivery menus.
- Galentine’s Day inspired cocktail: Cotton Candy Champagne, which is simply champagne or sparkling
wine poured over cotton candy. This delightful concoction can be made alcohol-free with sparkling
water. The cotton candy melts in the champagne or sparkling wine, turning the liquid pink. In the
sparkling water version, the cotton candy forms floating, pink sugar balls while the liquid stays clear.
Be sure to include some A-List Entertainment.
- Chocolate truffles, peanut butter cups, whatever, just make sure that there is plenty of chocolate
within arms reach at all times.
- Cliché, perhaps, but who doesn’t enjoy a fun chick-flick on a girls night in? A choice selection of comedies/dramadies will keep the mood light. Something a little more on the serious side can
lead to interesting girl talk.
- Gerbera daisies as party favors. Secure the stems in a florist’s style water pick and they will survive
the night, even if knocked over. Conceal the water pick in gift-wrap or an organza gift bag. Or try a
cute bud vase. If the vase opening is big enough, you can do both, thus ensuring that spillage is at
least at a minimum if they happen to be left a little too close to the dance floor.
Gerbera Daisies: Party Favors every guest will adore!